Here are some frequently asked questions about medical grade red light therapy, blue light therapy, and green light therapy.
- What is a General Wellness Device?
On September 27, 2019, the FDA issued the “General Wellness: Policy for Low Risk Devices”. This policy defines general wellness products as products that meet two factors: (1 ) are intended for only general wellness use and (2) present a low risk to safety of users and other persons. Read More
- What does Comprehensive Healing mean?
By definition, “comprehensive” is an adjective meaning to cover or involve all or nearly all elements or aspects of something. Read More
- How can the Visum Light benefit my practice?
Visum Light uses the power of LED light therapy to effectively assist your patients by: Read More
- How can the Visum Light improve my Health?
Do you suffer from pain, high blood pressure, recent surgery recovery, arthritis, or just general age-related issues? Read More
- How can the Visum Light improve my Wellness?
In conjunction with a healthy lifestyle, the Visum Light device can help maintain a healthy weight, improve athletic performance, relieve exercise related muscle pain, improve sleep cycles and increase mental acuity.
- How can the Visum Light improve my Self-esteem?
LED phototherapy (also known as light therapy) has been shown to be beneficial in a large range of medical and cosmetic uses including skin rejuvenation. With continued use, medical grade red light therapy as well as other colors improves skin tone and texture as well as encouraging the natural healing process. Read More
- How will the Visum Light work for you?
Visum Light is the new LED General Wellness Light Therapy Device from Photonic Healing LLC. Read More
- What are the differences between Visum Light device and other medical grade red light therapy devices?
The Visum Light device is unlike any other light therapy device currently available. Offering maximum flexibility with 4 operating Modes and multiple color combinations, the Visum Light device is setting a new industry standard for a comprehensive healing device.Read More
- What are the colors of the Visum Light and why are they Beneficial?
The Visum Light device harnesses the healing power of medical grade red light therapy, infrared, blue, green, magenta, turquoise, yellow and white light at specific wavelengths and frequencies shown to be effective in: Read More
- What are the Operating Modes of the Visum Light and how do I use them?
The Visum Light device has four Operating Modes which allows the operator the ability and flexibility to target treatment most effectively: Read More
- Are there any scientific studies to back up medical grade red light therapy, blue light therapy, and green light therapy?
Danish physicist Niels Finsen won the Nobel prize for medicine in 1903 for his work using light therapy to treat infections but it wasn’t until the 1960’s that modern study on light therapy really began. In the late 1980’s, NASA started experimenting with light therapy using LEDs and found a 40% improvement in musculoskeletal injuries and a 50% faster healing rate in wounds when light therapy was used. Read More
- Is light therapy safe?
LED light therapy is a non-invasive and non-thermal procedure which uses varying wavelengths of light to trigger the body’s natural healing process. It doesn’t contain UV rays which can be harmful to skin and unlike chemical or laser therapy LED light therapy does not cause burns. Read More
- What are the Side Effects of Medical grade red light therapy?
Light therapy is a completely natural process that exposes skin to low levels of light that, unlike the UV light from the sun, are not harmful. Because of this there is a very low risk of side effects. Read More
- What is the difference between LEDs and Lasers?
Laser therapy is often confused with light therapy. Both lasers and LEDs are capable of producing healing light at the correct wavelengths as they emit the same light but, they differ in the way the light is delivered. Read More
- How do I apply the Visum Light device to get the best results?
Please read the contraindications and safety precautions in the FAQ before you start using Visum Light device. Read More
- How do I Clean the Visum Light device?
- Clean the Visum Light device before and after application Read More
- Use an alcohol wipe and go over the entire surface
- Sanitize the silicone tray before returning the light for storage.
- Never immerse or clean the unit with water. If the unit gets wet, use the dry cloth provided to remove any moisture
- Clean the skin before application of treatment – make-up, cosmetics or debris may block the light.
The Visum Light device should always be stored in a safe, dry area, away from direct light or extreme heat and preferably within the carry bag provided. Care should be taken when working with the device to avoid accidental dropping.
- What are the Contraindications and Safety Precautions?
Whilst low level light therapy (LLLT) has been shown to be both effective and safe, the Visum Light device is not intended as a replacement for standard medical procedures, medication or treatment. Always consult your medical professional if you have an underlying health condition and do not discontinue the use of any medications or rely solely on the Visum Light device. Not all conditions will benefit from LLLT in the same way. Read More
- What comes with my order and what is your Warranty and Return Policy?
In addition to your Visum Light device, you will receive a: Read More
- I was diagnosed with congenital lymphedema when I was 1 year old. I am 65 years old now. Will your machine get the swelling out of my legs?
It would absolutely help. If you did the targeted release daily you would get an improvement.
- How often would I take the treatments? Can I do them on my self ? How long is each treatment ?
We use TH5 as that is the master point for lymph.
- What is the acupoint ?
Acupoints are from TCM and we use the same lints as an acupuncturist uses in addition to local areas.
- Can you give me some simple instructions on where to start using the Visum light machine for Lymphedema and TMJ?
The simplest way to use the light is on the continuous setting. Turn it on, select your color and place the light directly on the area you want to impact. Hold the light on the skin for the 10 minutes. You can move the light in a circular motion as well but keep contact with the skin. After you get comfortable with the continuous setting, start using the pre-programmed settings and my favorite is the P3 – Pain. You can’t do it wrong so don’t get concerned about that. I would not do a lot until you have the finished the holter monitor. (My understanding is that is only a couple days) I say this so the monitor gets accurate readings of what is happening in your body.
- Does it disturb artificial knees hips shoulders?
Our customers report successful use on their artificial knees all the time.
- With pacemakers do I have to caution not to face the rays over the heart region?
Do NOT use it directly over the pacemaker, that is true for any red light. Use the green light in the area but not directly on the pacemaker.
- I hope you can point me in the direction where users share their experiences.
We hope to have videos available soon as well
- Would I be able to buy the Visum Light even though I am not a doctor or a healthcare professional?
Yes you can. We have lots of people that use them for themselves. You can order the light from the website, just go to the website for At-Home Users.
If you ever have questions about the Visum Light device Technical support is a phone call away.
This is a risk-free decision!